Here are some resources we recommend health professionals check out to help them understand asexuality and how to help their asexual clients better. Please be sure to check out our What is Asexuality? page. A sortable list of posts from our own blog geared towards educating people on the specific issues that ace-spectrum survivors of sexual violence face will appear below.
- The Invisible Orientation by Julie Sondra Decker (2014)
- Asexuality: A Brief Introduction by Asexuality Archive (2012)
- Understanding Asexuality by Anthony Bogaert (2012)
- (A)sexual by Angela Tucker (2011) – available on Netflix
- Asexuality: Basics For Health Professionals (8 x 11 PDF)
- Asexualidad: Información Básica para Profesionales de la Salud (8 x 11 PDF) – Spanish translation by Chrysocolla Town
- Asexualität: Grundlegende Informationen für Heilberufe (8 x 11 PDF) – German translation by AktivistA (also available here on their site)
- Asexual Awareness Week: Downloadable Resources
- Asexual Explorations: Asexuality Bibliography provides a list of academic works on asexuality which serves as a good starting point, although the website is out of date.
- “Compulsory Sexuality” by Elizabeth F. Emens (2014)
- What Is Asexuality?
- Asexuality Archive
- Asexual Outreach
- The Asexual Agenda is a blog meant for advanced discussion, so this is not recommended as a 101 resource. However, many of our posts here are also posted to The Asexual Agenda, and they will tend to have more comments there. If you are interested in researching asexuality, it is a great resource for keeping in touch with current asexual community discourse, and understanding aces’ criticism of studies, media representation, and so on.
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Someone Who’s Asexual by Julie Sondra Decker (author of The Invisible Orientation)
- Asexuality: Top Ten Most Common Misconceptions by Julie Sondra Decker
- Psychology Today: Asexuality and the Health Professional by Julie Sondra Decker
- Don’t Science My Orientation by Julie Sondra Decker
- Confessions of a Demisexual by Arf